OUR PRACTICE NOW PROVIDES GUIDED BIOFILM THERAPY® - GBT
A NEWSTATE-OF-THE-ART APPROACH TO DENTAL HYGIENE THERAPY
We now provide Guided Biofilm Therapy®, a different experience from your regular cleaning. Guided Biofilm Therapy means the stained bacteria guides your hygienist during professional tooth cleaning procedures. GBT is minimally invasive and reduces the need for hand and sonic/ ultra-sonic instrumentation, which can be invasive and uncomfortable. In addition, GBT is safe, effective, and gentle to teeth, soft tissues, implants and crowns, bridges, fillings, and braces and is backed by the latest scientific evidence. GBT is also very comfortable and efficient for patients, and you will notice time-saving during your appointment.
Here is how things will be slightly different at your next visit with our hygienist:
- We will assess your overall health and dental health before we begin treatment.
- Next, we will apply a bacterial stain to see where bacteria live around your teeth and gums.
- While the bacteria is visible, we will review how to brush and clean between your teeth more effectively so you can improve your dental health.
- Then, the stained bacteria are removed with AIRFLOW®around your teeth and gums with air, powder, and warm water. We will no longer use the gritty paste at the end to polish your teeth.
- If needed, we can use PERIOFLOW®to remove aggressive bacteria from underneath your gums with air, powder, and warm water.
- Next, we will use PIEZON®PS No Pain piezoceramic instruments to gently remove hard deposits with reduced vibration.
- Then, we will check that all bacteria and stained areas have been removed during treatment. You will notice that we use less hand instruments to treat you, but your teeth will feel cleaner and appear whiter than before.
- Last, we will schedule your next GBT visit and ask you to complete a short survey to hear the feedback on your GBT appointment
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR GBT EXPERIENCE AT YOUR NEXT VISIT!